Craig and Madi are siblings who both have Type 1 diabetes. They were both diagnosed in 2012 and with in 4 months of each other. Craig (16) and Madi (7) are awesome kids and here you will see the everyday things that come with Type 1. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Thank you so much for reading!!
Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!!!
If you would like to send an email to Madi or Craig, you can do so here: teriprice05@hotmail.com

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 173


Craig did an awesome job at the assembly in front of his whole school!! So proud of my boy!! 
He got pretty nervous though and skipped a lot of his presentation .. He kind of skimmed through it.  But, overall, he did great! I could never have done this at his age!!
I am so glad my kids are advocates.. They are fighters, not victims!!
 I truly believe YOU choose how to live with this disease..Its hard, and these kids are strong!!
Ya, they have their rough days, but overall, they fight through this disease.. And the help educate others on the facts of what Type 1 is.
Just the other day I had someone ask if Madi could have cake, but I did not have her insulin, so I said "no, she has type 1 diabetes, and I don thave her insulin"
 Their response was to tell THEIR child,  "If you  keep eating all that cake and candy, you'll get diabetes too!"

So many people have no idea what Type 1 is.. Just no clue at all.

1 comment: